Wednesday 29 June 2011

A bit of a hit...

Apologies for the sudden onslaught of transfers from my old blog tonight. I was just going to start transferring the recipes themselves,  but realised that the beginning couple of posts were a good opening to introduce what I was thinking 2 1/2 years ago.

Not a lot has been going on here. The sparkling (way too hot and humid for me) weather here in the UK this weekend finally allowed me to weed the garden for the first time in almost a fortnight. I love the energy that my few veg share when I'm helping them out. I am grateful, though, that the temperature came down quickly, because it was making the Imp poorly (hayfever sucks).

I may not like the hot weather...the thought of a beach holiday is my idea of a nightmare...but I do appreciate the need for it, and for the different cycles of weather. I think that is one thing that gets forgotten by most people: the need for the different weather. I'm personally on the fence about the issue surrounding global warming, because I do feel that it all works it's way around. But even though I don't like the hot weather, I am grateful for the energy and life that it gives, along with the rainy days.

I'm always thinking of a saying that I grew up hearing in Indiana, and they say the exact same thing here in the UK: "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change for you". To be honest, with the off day that the Imp and I had today, it works for toddlers, as well. :P

Mel

No comments: