I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com. I haven't altered it, except the fluid amounts (because of the wheat free flour). I'm posting it, because they turned out to be DIVINE!
- 250 grams plain flour
- 20g (4 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine, divided
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) milk (add a splash more to accommodate for wheat free)
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (I am rather generous with this, and it was a rounded tsp)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 5 tsp milk (I added a splash more, to make it drizzleable)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in 4 tbsp of the butter, until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened (I added a splash more, because of the wheat free flour). Turn on to a lightly floured surface; Knead gently, 8 to 10 times. Roll into 8x11 rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick. Melt remaining butter. Brush over the dough (I misread the recipe, which says to brush 1 tbsp over it. I brushed the whole 2 tbsp, and, had to melt another tbsp for the end). Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly roll style, starting with the long edge. Cut into 12 equal slices (I think I managed 10...oops). Place with cut side down onto greased cookie sheet. Brush with remaining butter. Bake at 450F (230C) for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; Spread (or, drizzle, in my case) over the warm rolls. Serve immediately.
SleepyKitty Rating: UmmNomNom....